Taminmin College STEAM Centre, Humpty Doo
Probuild NT were engaged by the Northern Territory Government to project manage and construct the new STEAM Building for Taminmin College.
Probuild NT has engaged over 300 NT staff during the project timeline, with about 30 people on site at any one time. They finished this project with several new Subcontractor/Supplier connections in the local Humpty Doo region. Hence the project supported the local community through employment opportunities.
They also teamed up with IE Projects & Taminmin College to provide an incubator for three successful training programs:
- 13x Trainees, undertook their Cert II Construction 12 passed
- Probuild took on a number of students from the school in conjunction with there VET program for work experience
- QA/Indigenous Officer onsite successfully completed her Cert IV WHS during this project
|Total project employment||349 Contractors Inducted over the life of the project|
|Total NT employment||349|
|% of NT contractors/suppliers utilised||· Concrete Works where split amongst 2 local suppliers
· 4 local companies carried out install works utilising a split pack age within the trade
· 5 Local Humpty doo companies / suppliers engaged
· All sub contractors used 100 percent local
Supplier and Subcontractors
Below is a list of some of the local suppliers and subcontractors that were used on this project:
|Allglass and Aluminium||Electrical & Fire Services||Precision Blocklaying|
|Ausblok Pty Ltd||Griffiths & Curran||RST Carpet and Vinyl|
|Ausplumb (NT) Pty Ltd||HSS NT Pty Ltd||SDM Construction (NT)|
|Bestbar Reinforcements||IE.Project (NT) Pty Ltd||Sign City PTY LTD|
|Bullivants Pty Ltd||Jakes Steel & Welding||SOS Screens Windows|
|Choices Flooring Darwin||Kone Elevators Pty Ltd||Territory Pest Control|
|Commercial Doors & Hardware||NT Handrails Pty Ltd||United Air Conditioning|
|Curtains on Cavenagh||NT PROFORM CONSTRUCTION||United Scaffolding Service|
|Danco Painters & Decorat||Olympic Concreting||Weirs Top End Construction|
|Darwin Concrete Pumping||Ozwide Joinery|
|Davies Metal Works||Politis Roofing Pty Ltd|
- Demolition and removal of part existing covered walkway and replacement of same with a reduced roof area.
- Demolition of in ground stormwater drainage and pits (including drainage from Block 10) within the work area and reconnection of Block 10 stormwater into new works.
- Construction of new 2 storey building over an existing engineered fill platform with necessary adjustments to the fill platform to incorporate the changes required due to the design of the buildings levels and civil design levels.
- Construction of new attached covered walkway.
- Provision of new services including connections to the building including power, water, sewer, communications and stormwater drainage.
- Removal of the site fire booster assembly and relocation to location adjacent to the existing fire main meter assembly at Challoner Circuit.
- Provision of landscaping including adjustment of ground levels where required, concrete pathways, rock mulching to garden beds and top soil/grassing to areas around the new building.
INDIGENOUS ENGAGEMENT / OUTCOMES
|1. GENERAL COMPLIANCE WITH ENDORSED IDP OBJECTIVES.|
|Initial provisional sum amount||$1,000,000.00|
|Provisional sum amount claimed||$647,831.00|
|Percent of Provisional Sum Used||~65% claimed/approved|
|2. EMPLOYMENT COMPLIANCE (ACHIEVEMENTS AGAINST OBJECTIVES/GOALS).|
|Expenditure on indigenous participants||$ 906,519.68|
|Number of indigenous participants||46|
|Number of hours undertaken by indigenous participants||
|3. TRAINING COMPLIANCE (ACHIEVEMENTS AGAINST OBJECTIVES/GOALS).|
|Training achievements – ‘on the job’||· Probuild has had 3x of their own indigenous Carpentry Apprentices working on this project
· After successful completion of the Training Program, Probuild took 5x Trainees on as Full Time Employees
|Training achievements – formal||· Full time QA/Indigenous Officer onsite successfully completed her Cert IV WHS during this project
· 13x Trainees, undertook their Cert II Construction 12 passed
· Probuild took on a number of students from the school in conjunction with there VET program for work experience
· WHS work experience carried out onsite