Probuild (NT) is very excited to receive a win at the Master Builders 2018 NT Excellence in Building & Construction Awards over the weekend.
Taminmin College STEAM Centre has been announced as the Winner: $5mil – $10mil Commercial Construction Project, as well as receiving the honorable: Judges Choice Award.
Thank you to everyone involved in the delivery of a truly remarkable building.
Follow our Facebook page for more photos & updates: https://www.facebook.com/ProbuildNT/
Check out the Project Photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.632007303842800&type=1&l=1565e14f34
The Department of Education (DoE) identified an immediate requirement for additional learning areas at Taminmin College including this specialist STEM which stands for (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) rooms.
This requirement relates to the continued growth of the student population caused through population growth in the adjacent rural area and lack of adequate current STEM facilities on the campus.
This new two-storey science block included six new science laboratories and six additional classrooms. The state-of-the-art science equipment and facilities will enable the college to further grow science in the Top End as well as further integrate aquaculture and proposed aquaponics programs, linking real jobs for Territory students.
The Works comprise of the construction of a new two storey Science and Classroom Building (STEAM CENTRE):
- 6x science laboratories
- 6x classrooms
- Construction of a new attached covered walkway
- Provision for new services including connections to the building including power, water, sewer, communications and stormwater drainage.
- Removal of the site fire booster assembly and relocated adjacent to the existing fire main meter assembly on Challoner Circuit.
- Minor landscaping works including adjustment of ground levels where required, concrete pathways, rock mulching to garden beds and top soil/grassing to areas surrounding new build.
- Supply of a replacement chiller and
- Construction of a new services Building (inc. diverting existing services)
Probuild NT engaged over 300 NT staff during the project timeline, with about 30 people on site at any one time. They finished this project with several new Subcontractor/Supplier connections in the local Humpty Doo region. Hence the project supported the local community through employment opportunities.
They also teamed up with IE Projects & Taminmin College to provide an incubator for three successful training programs:
- 13x Trainees, undertook their Cert II Construction 12 passed
- Probuild took on a number of students from the school in conjunction with there VET program for work experience
- QA/Indigenous Officer onsite successfully completed her Cert IV WHS during this project
|Total project employment||349 Contractors Inducted over the life of the project|
|Total NT employment||349|
|% of NT contractors/suppliers utilised||· Concrete Works where split amongst 2 local suppliers· 4 local companies carried out install works utilising a split pack age within the trade
· 5 Local Humpty doo companies / suppliers engaged
· All sub contractors used 100 percent local
Supplier and Subcontractors
Below is a list of some of the local suppliers and subcontractors that were used on this project:
|Allglass and Aluminium||Electrical & Fire Services||Precision Blocklaying|
|Ausblok Pty Ltd||Griffiths & Curran||RST Carpet and Vinyl|
|Ausplumb (NT) Pty Ltd||HSS NT Pty Ltd||SDM Construction (NT)|
|Bestbar Reinforcements||IE.Project (NT) Pty Ltd||Sign City PTY LTD|
|Bullivants Pty Ltd||Jakes Steel & Welding||SOS Screens Windows|
|Choices Flooring Darwin||Kone Elevators Pty Ltd||Territory Pest Control|
|Commercial Doors & Hardware||NT Handrails Pty Ltd||United Air Conditioning|
|Curtains on Cavenagh||NT PROFORM CONSTRUCTION||United Scaffolding Service|
|Danco Painters & Decorat||Olympic Concreting||Weirs Top End Construction|
|Darwin Concrete Pumping||Ozwide Joinery|
|Davies Metal Works||Politis Roofing Pty Ltd|